Thursday, December 4, 2014

I used to write a blog for our family.  I can’t even remember the last time I wrote that blog.  It’s been years to be honest.  I never did like doing it.  I liked letting family and friends know how we were doing, but I hated the amount of time it took.  To upload the pictures and videos then write about them; something almost always went wrong.  I started posting on Facebook and it was a little easier, but it was still time on the computer and I didn’t post very often.  Then I got an iPhone

My whole life changed.  It was so easy!  I also had an app called Instagram that made keeping my family updated even easier and it would post to Facebook for me.  I could jump on Facebook or Instagram and in 30 seconds I could not only share my life with people I love far away but also talk to an adult, or two or three, then jump off and keep taking care of my children. It made my life so much easier.  Instead of putting time aside to get onto the computer and agonize about how long the process took, I could quickly pull my phone out and be done.  I couldn’t help myself, I’m a talker. (Just ask my husband!)  I went from posting once every couple weeks to posting every day, multiple times a day.  You see, I LOVE connecting with the people I love.  I feel like a pressure valve is being released when I communicate.  My head is cleared.  But then that makes me a talker and man can I talk.  I can’t help it, it’s genetic.  (Just ask my dad!)  

I am one of those people who doesn’t have a ton of friends on Facebook and I regularly unfriend people if I don’t feel like I have a connection with them or if I feel they will be judgmental of me. Over the years I’ve probably unfriended about 100 people.  Not because I don’t like them but because I don’t see any reason to involve them in the sharing of my family and the feelings of my heart. I have at least 20 people waiting for me to confirm their friendship requests. I will most likely never confirm their requests.  If someone seems a little annoyed with my post, they are gone.  If they attack me in any way, by, by! I’ll still be your friend in person but if you can’t behave yourself on Facebook, what’s the point in coming in contact with you everyday.

My in-laws really seem frustrated with my use of Facebook.  Both my mother-in-law  and my father-in-law have showed their annoyance.  I love Brent’s family.  I always have loved them but for some reason me posting frequently on Facebook has really gotten under their skin.  My mother-in-law said something about it a couple of years ago that really hurt my feelings.  When I talked to Brent about it he basically said, “You are who you are and you don’t have to change for anyone. Posting on Facebook helps you feel connected with friends and family you love and you enjoy posting so just be yourself. So there you go, who elses opinion matters anyway.  I tell you what, I absolutely love that man.   

I keep telling Brent that I have all this stuff in my head, especially after some of the traumatizing experiences we have had and those experiences need to come out somehow or I’m going to explode from the pressure.  He has started encouraging me to start a blog.  Yeah right!  Me?  Not only do I hate the amount of time it takes but I’m dyslexic!    Which is , by the way, better than being anorexic.  All those annoying people on Facebook that feel like it is their God-given duty to correct my bad spelling and bad grammar are going to have a conniption.

Any way, I’ve been thinking about writing a blog for six months now and today I read this paragraph in a study done about people who write, “By writing about traumatic, stressful or emotional events, participants were significantly more likely to have fewer illnesses and be less affected by trauma. Participants ultimately spent less time in the hospital, enjoyed lower blood pressure and had better liver functionality than their counterparts.” After reading that, I finally said to myself, “What the heck, I’ll give it a  try.”  I’ve  been considering taking a basic writing college class to grow professionally anyway. Maybe I won’t be so self-conscious about writing a blog if I try to figure out how to write a little better.  Since I’m considering conquering the world someday I might as well start here.   Let me make sure I let all of you know that I am only doing this to get my thoughts from spinning constantly in my head out; it’s who I am ,don’t judge!  (I hate when people are judgmental).  I don’t care if no one reads this blog or hundreds of people do but I’m going to do this for myself and helps my heart and soul to heal a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment